Alan Mallory, CSP, M.A.
Award-winning Dynamic International Keynote Speaker, Creative Trainer, Author, TEDx Speaker, Professional Engineer, Celebrity Athlete, and Family Man
Fee Range: $10,000-$20,000
Leadership, Trust, Teamwork, Adventure, Innovation, Change, Connection, Resilience
Alan Mallory is a Professional Engineer Who Speaks and is an Event Planner's Dream, as He Can Handle Any Virtual and Hybrid Technical Issues!
Throughout his life, Alan has enjoyed and sought out new and exciting activities whenever he could. Living life to the absolute fullest is what he does and he encourages everyone he meets and associates with to do the same. Alan is a true explorer and avid adventurer who enjoys many diverse and challenging activities.
As a highly sought after international speaker, author, and performance coach, Alan is passionate about leadership and reaching new heights in all that we do! His unique philosophy of life revolves around empowering people and embracing an agile mentality focused on goals and results. By understanding what drives and motivates us, we are able to cultivate more innovative and effective ways of thinking and taking action.
He has worked internationally with large organizations as a professional engineer and project manager developing patents and solutions to complex challenges in the mining and metals industry. Living and working abroad has given him the opportunity to deepen his understanding of individual and team challenges, better appreciate cultural diversity and successfully adapt to different organizational structures.
Climbing Mount Everest is considered one of mankind’s greatest feats of endurance. The grueling expedition to the top of the world’s highest peak is a journey filled with unparalleled physical and mental challenges and some of the roughest, most extreme conditions imaginable.
Building experience through a lifestyle of adventure and challenge, in the spring of 2008 Alan embarked on the journey of a lifetime and set a world record on Mount Everest along with three members of his immediate family. It was a two-month expedition through some of the most exciting yet terrifying conditions imaginable and their success demanded unwavering perseverance and resilience in the face of adversity.
After this experience, Alan made a decision to change careers from being a highly esteemed professional engineer to becoming a professional speaker and creative trainer. By integrating his many years of innovative leadership experience with captivating mountaineering and adventure stories, Alan creates a powerful, engaging, and unforgettable journey for his many audiences. He custom designs his interactive experiences to help individuals, team members, and organizations reach new heights in the way we think and the actions we take in order to achieve breakthrough performance.
Alan started playing the violin at a young age and has embraced music for most of his life. He played in an orchestra in his younger years and eventually took a hiatus after breaking both bones in his left wrist in a snowboarding accident. Nowadays he finds particular enjoyment in playing the electric violin, a talent that he incorporates into some of his speaking experiences. Alan uses music to express some of his creativity as well as a tool for relaxation and stress reduction.
His Most Requested Keynote Experiences include:
- Reaching New Heights- Exciting and gripping and informative experience supported by stunning videos and photos captured along the challenging ascent of Mount Everest. The concepts and strategies that Alan shares help develop great leaders and teams by focusing on the professional skills and mindsets essential for success.
- On a High Note: The Psychology of Connection-Focuses on the strategies and the external, internal, and interpersonal factors that connect us to each other. Alan integrates his electric violin into this experience which creates a very upbeat, engaging, and entertaining environment for knowledge retention.
- Building Trust- This dynamic experience highlight the tools and essential steps that are involved in developing a level of trust in professional relationships.
"Thank you so much for such an insightful presentation! Our members were captivated by your incredible story and heartfelt delivery. The interactive discussion portion on strategic planning and leadership was also very valuable, providing us with practical tools and processes tailored for our industry.”
~ Hannah Chala, CMP-VP Education & Programs, Meeting Planners International
His clients include: Hatch Associates and Consultants, Queen's University, Ontario Hospital Association, Meeting Planners International, Project Management Institute-Wisconsin, IAAP-International Association of Administrative Associates, The Telephone Association of New England, Assante Wealth Management, Texas Parks and Wildlife, Caterpillar Inc., Home Builders Association of Mississippi, Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific, National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors, NAIFA, Stratford Chamber of Commerce, and many more..................
Alan Mallory Many Achievements and Awards:
- Alan is one of only 5, 294 people who have successfully climbed the earth's highest mountain, Mount Everest, located between Nepal and Tibet. It is 29, 032 feet high, and is considered the tallest point on earth
- Alan and his family set a World Record by becoming the first family of four to set foot on the summit of Mount Everest
- Received Mount Everest Summiter Issued by Nepalese Government
- Received Recognition from the Prime Minister of Canada- Stephen Harper
- CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) designation recognizing the quality of work, business acumen, client satisfaction, and longevity in the business from the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers.
- Paul Harris Fellow Award- Rotary International
- M.A. Degree in Psychology from Adler University-Vancouver, British Columbia
- B.Sc. Degree in Engineering from Queen's University- Kingston Ontario, Canada
- P. Eng. in Canada this designation represents the highest standards of engineering knowledge, experience, and professionalism
- P.E. Professional Engineer licensed to practice in Ontario, Alberta, and Arizona
- PMP- The Project Management Professional (PMP)® is the world's leading Project Management Certification
- Inventor- 2 Patents
Alan is a member of a number of professional associations in the engineering field including Professional Engineers Ontario, The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta, The Arizona Board of Technical Registration, and The Ontario Society of Professional Engineers.
He is the author of The Family that Conquered Everest, richly illustrated with photos from the expedition and other outdoor exploits, the book is a fast-paced and engaging adventure story that also highlights the lifestyle and family values that prepared the Mallory family for success. It explains the thinking and planning that went into making their attempt possible, the logistical nightmares that they had to circumvent, and the strategies that they developed to continue moving forward in spite of the seemingly impassable obstacles and ever-changing environments they were faced with. Their unique journey has mesmerized and inspired families and individuals around the world and the book brings their journey to life in a whole new way.
In the newly released, Summits of Self: The Seven Peaks of Personal Growth, Alan takes you on a journey of self-discovery full of hope and inspiration on every page. He introduces you to skills and strategies that will help you develop a road map for conquering the mountains you face in life.