Lieutenant Colonel Oakland McCulloch
International Leadership Keynote Speaker, Lieutenant Colonel (US Army Retired), Bestselling Author
Fee Range: $10,000-$12,500
Daytona Beach, Florida
Leadership, Servant Leadership, Mentorship, Leadership Legacy, Military History, Leadership Development, Success
Lieutenant Colonel Oakland McCulloch believes “today’s leaders have a responsibility to inspire the leaders of tomorrow!” That is exactly what "Oak" is doing with the leaders and future leaders of today!
Lieutenant Colonel Oakland McCulloch known to many as "Oak" spent 23 years in the Army, where he held numerous leadership positions in the Infantry and Armor branches. He had many experiences and assignments in those years, where he was honored and known as a "servant leader," and helped many others "become the leader they were meant to be." Only 8% of military officers in the U.S. Army reach the rank of Lieutenant Colonel, and it takes 16-23 years to accomplish.
Once retiring from active duty, Oak has continued serving in leadership roles in nonprofit organizations, as the Senior Military Science Instructor and recruiter for the Army ROTC program at Stetson University in DeLand, Florida, and the Recruiting Operations Officer for the Eagle Battalion Army ROTC program at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University where he more than doubled the size of the program in 6 years. He has become a sought-after speaker sharing the keys to great leadership and inspiring his audiences to "become the leader you were meant to be!"
In 2021 Oak knew it was time to write a book about what he has learned and become a full-time speaker sharing and teaching others. In his book, Your Leadership Legacy- Becoming the Leader You Were Meant to Be, Oak shares common sense principles that every current and aspiring leader can use. He believes: "great leadership handed down from generation to generation is what develops great nations."
Awards and Achievements Oakland McCulloch has received include:
- Received an appointment and attended The United States Military West Point
- BASc Degree from Northern Illinois University- History
- Master of Military Arts and Science in History from the United States Army Command and General Staff College
- Top Instructor at the United States Army Command and General Staff College
- Served 23 Years in the United States Army
- Received thirty-one military service awards including the Bronze Star, eight Meritorious Service Medals, and the Humanitarian Service Medal
- Assisted in disaster relief operations for Hurricane HUGO, in Charleston, SC, and Hurricane ANDREW in south Florida.
- His operational deployments include- Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm in Saudi Arabia and Iraq as a General's Aide-de-Camp,
Support operations in Bosnia as a Congressional Liaison Officer; and a peacekeeping deployment to Kosovo as an Operations Officer.
- Held instructor positions at the US Army Ordnance School, the US Army Command and General Staff College,
the Australian Command and Staff College, The University of South Alabama, and Stetson University
- Top Instructor at the Ordnance School
- Top Facilitator at the Australian Command and Staff College
- Served a three-year tour as the Professor of Military Science at the University of South Alabama where he led the training and
commissioning of Lieutenants and tripled the size of the program in his three-year tour.
- After retiring from the Army, served as the Senior Military Science Instructor and recruiter for the Army ROTC program at Stetson
University, Recruiting Operations Officer for the Eagle Battalion Army ROTC program at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
where he more than doubled the size of the program in 6 years.
- Selected as the Top Recruiting Officer in 2019.
Oak has appeared on many worldwide podcasts and in articles at the Universities where he has spoken and taught courses. He is a collector of leadership quotes, and has many on his website that he has collected throughout his career.
Most Requested Keynote Experiences by Oakland McCulloch include:
- Your Leadership Legacy- In this presentation you learn what it takes to be a good leader. Discussed are the nine attributes that good leaders must have and practice. His book, Your Leadership Legacy: Becoming the Leader You Were Meant to Be,” is based upon this presentation. It is not about theory. It is about everyday things every leader (regardless of profession or level of leadership) can do to improve their leadership skills and ability.
- Secrets To Success- You will learn what it takes to be successful in today’s world. Topics discussed are factors that are limiting your ability to be successful; how to change those factors; goal-setting and how to make those goals become reality; motivation; and self-discipline.
- The First Gulf War Experience- Learn what happened during Desert Shield/Desert Storm and some important lessons learned from LTC Oakland McCulloch, who was there. You will look at this operation from a U.S.-led coalition perspective with personal examples and experiences.
"I was at Stetson University for nine years, rebuilding its football program from scratch after a 56-year hiatus. During that time, Oak spoke on leadership and what it takes to become a great leader to my team. and the results were remarkable! We had the second-best turnaround nationally in FCS Football in 2018 (we went from 2-9 to 8-2 in one year). Additionally, working with Oak has helped totally change our team’s culture from one of selfishness and blaming to one of accountability and selflessness. We were thrilled when Oak published his book, and highly recommend you read it and have him speak to your university, company, or organization."
~Dr. Roger A. Hughes, President of Doane University, former Head Football Coach at Stetson University
Lieutenant Colonel Oakland McCulloch's clients include: Performance Contractors, Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Vermont, TEAM FISHEL, Duquesne University, Doane University, College of the Ozarks, University of El Salvador, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Stetson University, Tiger Bay Club, Military Officers Association of America, Korean War Veterans Association, Ascension Catholic School, Dubai UAE, South America, and many more....
When speaking to audiences, Oak shares that "leaders are not born, they're made, and becoming a leader is not a destination, it's a journey! Becoming a good leader is all about learning leadership principles and skills, practicing those skills and then learning from those experiences to build new skills, all while developing a personal leadership style."