International Inspirational Latina Keynote Speaker, CEO & Business Expert, Best Selling Author
Fee Range: $40,000-$60,000
Inspiration, Leadership, Mindset, Mindfulness, Success, Diversity & Inclusion, Marketing, Sales, Entrepreneurship, Resilience, Adversity
From Orphanage to Millionaire!
Magie, whose birth name is Magdalena De La Cruz Cook Garcia, grew up among 68 other children in an orphanage in Mexico. As a child, she taught herself how to play basketball and was selected to play on the Mexican National Team. However, she broke her collarbone and missed her opportunity.
She eventually was able to immigrate to America on a basketball scholarship at the University of Charleston. While there, she started to make fresh salsa for her friends. Word spread of her delicious recipe, and she began to receive requests from professors and other staff for a batch.
After graduating from The University of Charleston, and struggling to find a job and make ends meet, she became homeless. A friend later entered her in a Fresh Salsa competition for the State of West Virginia. Magie won the contest unanimously. She was gifted $800 to start her business, and the beginning stages of Maggies's All-Natural Fresh Salsa's & Dips was born.
As a new college graduate with, limited resources and business experience, Magie took the $800 and made a rough business plan. Through perseverance, a lot of passion, and an inner drive to keep going despite many challenges that halted momentum, Magie cold-called hundreds of grocery stores and worked to expand the distribution of her products nationwide.
She learned first-hand the ins and outs of production, distribution, building a talented team, cultivating a positive company culture, driving sales, and consumer marketing, along with many other lessons that come along with growing a business. In 2015, at the height of its success, her company sold with Garden Fresh to Campbell’s Soup for $231 million.
After Magie sold her company, she shifted her focus toward giving back to the community that helped raise her. She returned to Mexico to serve as the US Program Director of the Give New Life Orphanage, where she grew up. During her tenure, she focused on the generational problem of human sex trafficking and led a team to help rescue 31 Mexican children from the Cartel and sex trade.
Featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, and USA Today, and appearing on CBS, CNN, and NBC News, Magie brings a message of inspiration and resilience.
Magie Cook's Awards and Accomplishments include:
- The University of Charleston- BA- Interior Design
- Doctor of Laws (Honoris Causa) – The University of Charleston
- Hall of Fame – National Association of Women Business Owners
- Woman of the Year – Hollywood Dreams International Film Festival
- The Nobel Entrepreneurial Prize ‘Presea Jose Tocaven’ – La Voz de Michoacán, Mexico
- The University of Charleston’s Gallery of Achievement Award – The University of Charleston
- West Virginia’s ‘Generation Next 40 under 40’ Distinguished Business Success – State of West Virginia
- Small Business Administration Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award – The Small Business Administration
- Bestselling Author of Mindful Success™ - How to Use Your Mind to Transform Your Life
- Founder of Speaker Mastery™, speaker coaching for women motivational speakers.
- National Speakers Association (NSA) Member
- Certified Virtual Presenter (CVP) from eSpeakers
Author Magie Cook understands what it means to overcome challenges, beat the odds, and carve out a path of personal and professional success. In her Bestselling book, Mindful Success™ Magie shares her compelling journey starting from her childhood in an orphanage in Mexico to building a multimillion-dollar company from scratch. You will learn exactly how Magie overcame every challenge, and the many ups and downs of starting her own company. No matter where you come from, or what situation you are currently in, Magie details a step-by-step roadmap you can apply to accomplish your dreams. All of the proceeds from the book sales go to Magie’s Foundation in Mexico Your Purpose is You.™
Today, Magie shares her story with corporate audiences and teaches them the research-backed strategies she uses to stay mindful and build resilience during times of change. Magie has spoken to many Fortune 100 and 500 companies to show their leaders how to leverage their personal strengths to discover opportunities for growth.
Magie Cooks' Most Requested Keynote Experiences include:
- Leadership Mindset with Magie- In this powerful keynote, Magie shares what it takes for team members to create a permanent mental shift for success, how to uncover and leverage their ‘why’, and how they can visualize their journey into the future. Using research-based studies rooted in psychology and language, Magie skillfully weaves practical mental strategies with how she’s integrated these in her life experiences. Leadership and teams who understand the potential for greatness leads to organizations that have happier employees, greater productivity, more creativity, and stronger leadership.
- Overcome Any Adversity & Discover Your True Potential- In this signature keynote, Magie takes the audience on an inspirational journey through stories of how she was able to overcome a seemingly insurmountable number of personal and professional obstacles to create her multi-million dollar salsa company. Through real-life examples, audiences will laugh, cry and most importantly, learn about the tools and strategies Magie employs when she meets challenges. When leaders adopt these practices, it leads to increased team trust, more creative thinking, and a higher capacity for dealing with change.
- Together We Rise- In today’s rapidly changing world, organizations that prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) are better equipped to adapt and succeed. This keynote, led by Magie Cook, a Latina who overcame adversity to achieve the “American Dream” and build a multimillion-dollar company, delves into the benefits of embracing DEI in the workplace. Drawing on her personal experiences of navigating different cultures and leveraging her skills, Magie shares key insights and strategies for creating a culture of mindfulness and inclusion in your team.
"Your story was funny, ironic, engaging and your success was a testimony to your venerable spirit as a businesswoman. You were a refreshing and welcome change. Voices like yours need to be heard by our industry." ~ Rick McClintock VP JP Morgan Chase
Magie's clients include: eWomen Network Conference, Berkshire Hathaway, University of Charleston, SHRM, JP Morgan Chase & Co., TD Bank, Provo Wealth Management Group, Hollywood Dreams International Film Festival, Florida A & M University, CogencyGlobal, Junior League of Tampa, Texas Association of Community College Foundations, Walmart, Calendly, Sams Club, IFDA, Amerilife, BlueStar, MDRT, and many more...
Ready to Re-energize your leaders? Great leaders have the strategies and tools to keep moving when challenges threaten to slow momentum. Let Dr. Magie delight, inspire, and motivate your teams at your next event! See Book Your Speaker below or call us today at 888-766-3155 to Book Dr. Magie Cook for Your Next Event!